Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Got Recovery Socks

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by someone about trying compression socks.  I have never used them thinking they were more for marathon runners, but I have seen others wearing them.  It definitely can't hurt, so why not.

Last week, my package arrives.  I am now the proud owner of a pair of The Recovery Sock.  The idea of compression socks is that they increase blood flow, which in turn will increase the speed of recovery.  The idea is fairly new to running and sports, but they have been used for some time in the medical field for diabetics and post-surgery recovery.

I wore them after Tuesday and Thursday's speed work sessions and they made my calves feel better almost immediately.  Usually, my calves feel tight after a workout.  The socks helped with that.

Here are my new socks in all their glory.


My plan is to continue using them post run over the next couple weeks.  Then, I will try them during my runs as they are designed for both.

No comments: