Friday, February 18, 2011

Registered for the Corporate 5k on April 14th

I have been meaning to register for the IOA Corporate 5k all week and I have finally taken the time to register my company since I am the team captain again this year.  At least this year, we have a heads up on what's going on.  Last year, we didn't even know if we were going to have a team, because the previous captain was gone.  I kind of defaulted since no one else wanted to do it.  I have been running it for a few years and I didn't want us to completely drop the ball and not have a team.

I am pretty sure it the largest 5k in the state of Florida.  It is definitely pretty crazy for the first mile if you aren't at the very front.  As a matter of fact, some of the fastest runners finish before all of the walkers get through the starting gate.  Last year, there were 12,500 participants and I think they are aiming for either 13k or 14k this time.  Either way, there is a lot of energy.  You can't worry about getting a PR.  It's about the atmosphere of the event.

If you live in Orlando and don't have a team, create one.  Check it out at www.corporate5k.com.

2 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

Awesome man ... I'm still not up to your killer track repeats ... mostly because my local track is covered with snow ... but partly because I'm still slow!

mjcaron said...

Hi! We have a Corporate Challenge 5k in Boston as well. Same exact thing. Mostly walkers. Maybe I should enter my team at Affordable Insurance Ag. I know at least one person would do it with me.

You're a good example for your worker budds. :)