Wednesday, February 16, 2011

5 Miles, Easy Style

I usually take Wednesday's off, because my legs need the break between speed sessions on the track.  I just felt like I needed to get out there tonight for some reason.  An easy run would do.  I want to knock off a few pounds before summer when it gets hot, which should help speed me up, too.

I knew that I needed to take it easy or I would definitely pay for it during tomorrow's track workout.  I started with an 11 minute mile warmup.  I didn't feel like stopping to stretch, so I just kept slowly going.  I barely cracked the 10 minute mile barrier the rest of the way, because I finished up the 5 mile run in 50:33.

The weather was perfect again.  It was warm enough to break a sweat, but cool enough to feel good, too.  I'm not sure what the temperature was, but it felt like it was between 66-70 degrees F.  I hope it stays like this for at least a month, but I'm probably only dreaming.

1 comment:

Alan Dent said...

66 - 70 degrees!! = Thats a summers day us in the North East of England