Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good Speed Session on the Track

I didn't break any world records or anything, but I did have a good night on the track.  We ran 6x800's and our coach was asking for mile pace or maybe 3-4 seconds slower.  My last mile for time was 6:15, so my 800 time is 3:08.

I'm thinking there is no way that I am running that many at that speed.   And of course, I didn't, but I had a good time trying and what I felt was a strong showing.

After running that 10 miler this Sunday, I felt stronger doing this workout.  My legs felt really good, too.  I took long, graceful strides (at least in my mind) instead of short, choppy ones (which is what I do when I'm in pain).

So 3:08's or 3-4 seconds slower.  I got 2 of those out of 8 tries.  The times:

3:13, 3:17, 3:12, 3:11, 3:14, 3:21

I dogged that last one.  I started strong like the others for the first 200 of it and went strong down the final stretch, but everything between was heavy tromping like Goofy.

The what-if guy in my head wants to know what I would have run without the 2 minute rests between reps and stretch it out to a full 5k... it's a 20:10.  I would be happy with that right now.

No comments: