Sunday, February 28, 2010

Watched a Movie While Running the Treadmill

I tried something new today.  I decided to make use of the DVD player that is attached to the treadmill at the gym.  I rented the Bruce Willis movie Surrogates.

I started the movie and did my normal 2 mile @ 12 minute pace warmup.  I then got a little water and finished off another 6 miles while watching the movie.  It made the time go by very quickly.  This is definitely a good way to do your long runs.  For some of you that run for hours, you may have to find copies of The Good Stuff or Ghandi, though.

It was a great way to kill two birds with one stone.  Watch a movie on the weekend and get a long run in.  Well, 8 miles is long for me.  Only 6 miles if you takeaway the 2 mile warmup.  I finished at 84 minutes 15 seconds.  It took just over 24 minutes to start my warmup, so the 6 miles of the main portion of my workout was run around 10 minute pace... if not slightly under that speed.

Felt great to do it, but my legs were very tired afterward and while writing this almost 2 hours later, I am already sore.

No comments: