Sunday, February 21, 2010

4 x 400 on the track

Ran 1.25 mile warmup to the track plus one lap.


No stretching, because I don't like to do that before my running. 4x400m. I thought in my head that I need to run 7 minute miles, so I was gunning for 1:45 splits. Didn't quite work out the way I planned.

1:34, 1:32, 1:25, 1:26

I ran faster than I wanted, but I guess that's OK. Now, I need to put those together. 12 times would be real special, but I'd be happy to string just those 4 together within 2 months. That would be a 5:57 mile.

Note: knee hurt until I was fully warmed up. Didn't bother me after the first interval and into the cooldown. Cooldown was 1.25 back home.

1 comment:

misszippy said...

Somehow the splits you plan for the track never end up being what you run, at least for me! But nice numbers--good job.