Saturday, February 20, 2010

Run Around The Pines 5k

Alright, I ran a 5k this morning in Winter Park. It was nice and cool around 52 degrees and slightly overcast. The sun came out after the race.

My goal was to run 8:00 minute miles and without using a calculator, I was thinking that was 24:40 (according to my last post). I didn't quite make it, but I still feel good about my time since I put in a good effort.

I started the morning with a 1.5 mile warmup. I would have liked more time to do so, but I had to take care of some business right before the race started. There's no holding back a duece while you're running. It could get messy.

I said 24:40, but in the back of my mind, I had 25 minutes. The start was slow, because there were a lot of people bunched up. I crossed the starting line walking. I finished with a 25:02 chip time, so that walking start could have been the 2 seconds I needed. It is what it is, though. I didn't get into my "pace group" until around the half mile mark.

Overall, it was a good race for me. Next race, I will try to cut off a minute.

No comments: