Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Coldy, Rainy, Windy... and Crampy

I didn't feel like running today.  All day, I've been a little stiff from yesterday's workout (5.3 miles - 2x12min, 3.3x9min).  That wasn't going to stop me.  Nor was the cold temperatures moving back in, nor was 30 mph wind gusts, nor was rain... but the cramp in my left side kept me from doing more mileage than I anticipated.

I having been doing well with longer warmups and today I veered off course.  I got about half a mile into my run and with the rainy conditions, I just wanted to get this over and done.  I wasn't flying, but I went for about a 10 minute pace and I almost immediately started cramping in my lower left quadrant (abdomen).  I'm not sure why, nor do I care at this point.  I just wanted the damn thing to go away.  No such luck.

I finished up my Lake Ivanhoe loop (2.5 miles) and the cramp went away less than a minute later.  I'm also in my warm and dry home and that's a lot better, too!

No comments: