Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hitting the Road... on Wheels

I ran 2.5 miles just after noon today and my legs felt heavy and my knees hurt the entire time.  I ran the whole thing between 10 and 11 minute per mile pace.  I knew that I wanted to keep working out, though.

I hit the road on my bike.  Now this may seem quite normal to triathletes, but I don't have a road bike.  This is my road bike...


No gears, fat tires, wide handlebars.  This is good for trolling your neighborhood about 5 miles and then it starts to wear on you.  I got 18.4 miles logged.  DailyMile says that my run and my ride came out to 1900 calories.  My legs are tired, but I feel really good about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my experience on bikes that 1900 calories is equivalent to a road bike ride - 18 miles on those fat tires is good for your own pizza at the local parlor.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Some of my favorite rides are when I bust out my hybrid, no computer and just stroll around town,

BTW, I like your bike, it has a nice old school vintage look to it

Raina said...

I like the bike!
It's hard to figure out calories by bike, since there are so many variables. Extra ice cream tonight.

Evolving Through Running said...

Like the bike. Impressive mileage on a non-fancy ride. My bike is a 20-year-old Specialized mountain bike that I'm pretty sure was the least expensive option in the shop at the time. Not pretty, but it makes for a good workout on the rare occasions that I take it out.

Unknown said...

These still available, like these a lot. How good are the wheels?
Thanks for your sharing. Thank u so much…!

Wheels Florida