Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mile Time Trial

Today was the first day of the next session of the Track Shack Five and Dime Training Program, which means we had to run a mile time trial.  I tried not to have too many expectations since I pulled my hamstring and got sidelined for a few weeks.  I haven't quite gotten all of my speed back to the point where I was when I got hurt.

I tried to keep up with someone I normally run behind and that worked until lap 4 when he dusted me.  The sad part for me is that this guy is about 20 years older than me.  Ahhh... aspirations.

My split times were 1:25, 1:38 (3:03), 1:38 (4:41), 1:34 (6:15).  In August, I ran the time trial in 6:07.

I really need to work hard this session, but try to stay healthy, because I want to get under 6 minutes.  There's no way I am going to get under 20 minutes for the 5k without breaking the 6 minute barrier and that is my goal.

No comments: