Sunday, January 16, 2011

5 Miles Today; 4 Runs This Week

I took a nap after yesterday's 10 mile run and by this morning, I didn't feel a whole lot of pain in my legs anywhere.  With this in mind, I kept thinking about running this afternoon.  The weather was amazing.  Sun was out and it was somewhere in the high 60's to low 70's.  I'm not sure exactly, but it sure was nice.

2 laps around Lake Ivanhoe.  That would be 5 miles and put me at 25 for the week.  I haven't run 4 times in one week in I can't remember how long.  I am feeling it.  My times aren't spectacular, but I am feeling more energetic and healthy and stronger.

I wanted to time my run, so I didn't do a warmup.  I went right into it.  I was at a good pace by a quarter mile.  I was running by myself, so whenever I felt like I was just running and not pushing, I thought in my head that I had to keep up with the other guys like during yesterday's 10 miler.  It worked.

I hit the first lap (2.5 miles) at 19:43 (7:49 per mile).  My full 5 mile time was 40:17, so that split was 20:34 (8:14  per mile).  My average pace over 5 miles was 8:03.

I got a few more blisters this run, but felt great making them.

No comments: