Thursday, April 1, 2010

Seminole State College 5k - 3rd Place Male 35-39

I ran the first annual Seminole State College 5k on Saturday, March 28th at their Lake Mary campus.  There were only around 150 participants, because it was their first race event.  I liked my odds when the race started due to the small field.

I tried to keep to my pace, but got a little carried away.  I wanted to run 7:40 miles.  My first mile was fast at 7:20.  My second mile was a little fast at 7:25.  That small amount seemed to take its toll, because the third mile was 8:20.  I finished in 23:54.  I was hoping for a little better time, but I took over a minute off my last 5k race in February.  My average pace was 7:43.  Pat on the shoulder.

Next 5k is the IOA Corporate 5k on Thursday, April 15th in downtown Orlando.  My goal pace will be 7:20.  I have 2 weeks to take a minute off that last mile.

No comments: