Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day Run

I ran 5 miles on Tuesday with the intention of running 7.5.  My legs were just too heavy.  Well, I made up for it today.  I did 3 laps around Lake Ivanhoe and got my 7.5 miles logged.

My mind played an April Fool's joke on my legs.  My legs felt heavy for the first 2 miles during my warmup, but my mind fooled them into running 5 and half more.  I felt really good up until the last mile.

Warmup was 10:30 and 11:00 pace for the 2 miles.  A quick retie of my shoelaces and off I went.  Of my workout mileage, the first 2 miles were 8:30 and 8:45.  I don't know what my times were after that, because of how the loop is and I don't have everything measured.

I died the last mile of my run.  I felt like quitting and walking the rest of the way home.  There was a headwind most of it.  My right foot obviously had a blister and was starting to unnerve me.  Where does the runner's high kick in exactly, because I needed it about then.

It started easy and turned into a hard run.  7.5 miles logged and I feel good about it.  I will take off tomorrow, but I hope the blister (which popped on its own during the workout) heals and hardens into a callous by Saturday.  I would like to log another long run.

No comments: