Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008 Dick Batchelor Run For The Children 5K

Didn't seem like there was the normal amount of runners for a downtown race this morning. It was probably due to the weather. It was overcast and actually started to drizzle part way through the race. Needless to say, it was very humid.

The after race food and drinks was probably the best I've ever seen at a 5k. There was coffee, bagels, bananas, oranges, watermelon, orange chicken (battered) from Panda Express, chocolate milk and there were other giveaways, too.

About my race... I started 1 minute and 3 seconds after the official start. I hit the first mile marker at 8:45, so my real time was 7:42. I passed the two mile marker at 16:51, so my real split was 15:48 which translates to a 8:06 mile. My finish time was 24:52, which brings my last mile split to 8:12.

I averaged exactly 8 min/mile. My goal was to beat 25 minutes and I just made it. Woohoo!!!

I have to give some props to my gf Kim for helping me get ready in the morning, getting me to the start on time, and most of all... when I wanted to get loaded last night, she reminded of my race in the morning and that I probably didn't want to do that. Thanks Kim!!!

No comments: