Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back after 2 and a half weeks

I finally got back on track again... so I think. I ran 2.5 miles on Tuesday. I had a lot of energy in my legs, but since I hadn't run in a couple of weeks, my lungs couldn't go any further.

On Wednesday, I felt OK for the most part, but ankles were a little sore. Not sure why.

Tonight, I started off with 2.5 miles around 8 minute pace. I was definitely pushing myself. That took me to the gym where I did a light set on the bench press, a light set of bicep curls, and 2 sets of crunches (1 for upper abs and 1 for lower abs/iliopsoas).

After the gym, I ran 1.5 miles home. I felt like I was pushing myself just as hard as when I did the 8 mile pace, but I know I was doing around 9 1/2 minute pace.

Can I just tell you that it is way too hot for mid-November? It is humid, too. I think the temperature was around 78 degrees at 7pm when I was running.

No comments: