Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Couple of good runs last week

I ran on Monday and Saturday.

I noticed that on some days (obviously Monday), the YMCA running group goes by my apartment and then around Lake Ivanhoe and back downtown. I wasn't sure the exact route or the time they run, but I passed some of them on my scooter on the way home. When I got back to my apartment, I got a hair up my butt. I quickly got changed into my running gear and headed out the door. The last runner had at least a quarter mile on me, but I was determined to catch at least one runner.

I took off at a pretty quick pace. I finally caught up to the first person at just over a mile. I caught the next person in about another quarter mile. I could see a small pack a few hundred yards ahead and I caught them at around 2 miles.

I figured I could keep up the pace if they headed straight back the way they came, but they took a turn that meant they were going around another lake. Plus 1 mile. I couldn't keep going at that pace, so I caught the pack, but dropped to the back for the rest of the run.

Overall, I ran 3.75 miles.

Saturday, I ran 5 miles. 2 laps around Lake Ivanhoe. The first 2.5 mile lap I did at an average to slow pace. I was very concerned with hurting my calf, so I tried going back to the running style I had gotten away from. Very little leg lift, very fast motion. More kick and less forward knee motion. I picked up the pace on the second lap, but kept the running style.

My total run time was 50 minutes, so I averaged 10 min pace.

No comments: