Friday, October 8, 2010

Bladder Bust Workout

We had a group run as usual on Thursday.  Coach wasn't there, but he sent instructions to one of the other runners.  She told us what our workout was.  It was a medium intensity workout, because many people are running races this weekend.  I am doing the Greater Maitland 5k, while most of the runners are doing the UCF U Can Finish 5 Miler on Sunday.

We started by doing the normal 1.25 mile warmup and 4 x100 striders.

I was supposed to run 4 x kilometer repeats like the rest of the group, but I had to leave early.  I ran 3 instead.  The groups broke up into Murphy by himself in the front, a lead pack, a trailing pack, and then me on the caboose.  I wasn't too far behind the trailing pack.  I think my times were around 2-3 seconds back the first lap and then got up to about 5-7 seconds behind by the third lap.  Our goal pace was 5 mile speed, so that is why it was supposed to be moderate to easy.  Each kilometer was supposed to be 2-3 seconds faster than the previous one.  I was running slightly faster than my 5k goal pace.  I ran 4:10, 4:09, 4:06.  That equates to 6:42, 6:40, 6:35 mile pace.  That's great in theory.

Well, I was supposed to run that 4 times.  I only 3.  The reason is because my bladder was going to bust if I didn't get out of there and to a restroom in short order.  The public restroom at the park was locked.  Awesome!  Oh, well.  Race is tomorrow morning and I'm about as ready as I can be.

No comments: