Sunday, August 10, 2008

Running in the Heat

I knew it was hot when I went for my run on Wednesday, but I was not expecting how hard it was going to be to breathe and how how hot my core temperature was going to get.

I hadn't felt that in a while. It was in the 90s around 6:30pm and so humid that it felt like a running in a cloud.

My legs felt great and I planned on doing 4 miles. I ended up doing 3 miles. I felt like I needed ice in my chest and especially my head or I was going to explode. I stopped every half mile to drink some water, but it wasn't enough. I had to stop at 3.

As soon as I stopped, I get into some shade and then laid down on the concrete which seemed a little cool at that point. I was always told not to stop and lay down by my coaches in high school, but it just seems like the only thing that makes sense when my heart is pounding so hard.

Note: When it is over 90 degrees, wait until the sun goes down to run or just wait until the next morning. *

No comments: