Thursday, July 31, 2008

At least I ran

It's been one week and five days since my last run and consequently my latest blog.

I'm still erratic, but I'm trying (in my mind at least). I started off with a half mile very slow jog. Waited around for about 3 or 4 minutes and then proceeded to run 3 miles. It went like this...

first half mile around 12 minute pace.
second half mile around 10 minute pace.
third half mile around 11 minute pace.
fourth half mile around 9 minute pace.
fifth half mile around 10 minute pace.
sixth and last half mile around 8 minute pace.

During the last half mile of my run, I really had to concentrate on pumping my arms. They started feeling tingly on the top parts of my forearms and they felt really heavy. I kept them going though, which kept my legs moving and I finished my 3 mile run strong.

I completed my run by doing a very slow half mile home for a cool down.

I feel great now. I need to get another run in before 12 days comes around again. This needs to become a habit again.

No comments: