Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Run the Straightaways

My running group normally runs at a track owned by the local middle school.  The rule is that if it is free for public use unless kids from the school are using it.  Well today, it was being used by a youth football team.  I think my group was running somewhere else and I completely forgot where.  I must have missed a memo.

Not sure what everyone ran, but I decided to make it a speed/form run again.  Slight different in that I ran the straightaways at mile pace and jogged the curves.  I had every intention of doing 4 sets consisting of 4 laps.  Without the group, I was ill prepared in water supply.  There is a water fountain, but it is not cooled.  In fact, I think they warm it up in case you want to draw a bath.

Due to the temperature of 91 degrees feeling more like this...


and not having a cool water supply, my workout turned into 2 sets of 4 laps each.  It was a great workout otherwise.  I kept good form and I think I ran around a 7:00 pace on the straights.  I am going to have to start bringing a watch, so I can gauge my improvement.

I can't wait for fall, which is more like October/November in Central Florida.

No comments: