Thursday, November 8, 2012

Coolness in the Air Means It's Time to Get Running

The cool air has finally arrived in Florida and it is time to slow down on the swimming and transition into more running.  On Monday, I ran 5.1 miles and immediately followed that up with 1000 yards of swimming in the pool.  The pool is heated, so it felt great.  Both the run and the swim were great actually.

I had a little tightness in my left hammy and my calves toward the end of the run, but switched a little more of the work to my right leg.  I was sore a little on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Just in time to have another run on Thursday (tonight).  I got out to one of my old haunts, Lake Eola in downtown Orlando, and put exactly 6 miles on my shoes.  I used MapMyRun on my phone to track my mileage and pace.  I love that app.

My average pace was 9:15 per mile.  My splits were:  10:04, 9:40, 9:11, 9:16, 9:07, and closed it out with an 8:08.  This time my right hammy was a little tight towards the end of the run.  Nothing major, so I just pushed through it.

I don't want to promise myself anything, but maybe I can get up to a 10 mile run by Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: