Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back on Track. Well. Back on the Roads.

I let myself slide a little as the Florida temperatures started getting into the 90's and the humidity has been through the roof.  The rains have started and that can ruin the idea of an afternoon run with no notice whatsoever.  Rain isn't so bad, but our storms in the summer have a lot of lightning.  We had a downpour today, but luckily the skies cleared by late afternoon.

I have run a few times in the past 2 weeks with only one thing in mind.  Run.  Even if it is just a few miles, I am getting out there.  I have done the same 2.5 miles just to make sure my legs get some work.  Well, it's not the greatest workout, but it's better than regret and Runner's Guilt.

I took it up to 4 miles today, which again is not much by many runner's standards.  It was just enough for me.  My legs started feeling heavy around 3 miles and I got a cramp in my mid abdomen on the left side.  It didn't last too long, but they're never fun.  I ran 4 in 37 minutes, so just over 9 minute pace.

Gotta keep it up through the rest of June and build some momentum through the crispy hot month of July.

No comments: