Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Easy Run

It's amazing how much easier it is to keep your pace on a track. It is mundane, but it is what it is. The track is a tool for running.

I have been running faster than I am supposed to when I go out and run the streets or when doing laps around Lake Eola.

I was able to keep nearly perfect pace throughout my 3 miles run today. My pace was supposed to be 8:39 per mile. I ran the 3 miles in 26:02. That's only 5 seconds off pace for the entire 3 miles. That's awesome. I was able to speed up and slow down according to my times.

I figured that 8:40 miles breaks down into 4:20 halves, 2:10 quarters, and 1:05 220's.

I started out a little tight in my thighs due to yesterday's workout at the gym doing squats. Not as bad as last week, though.

I started with a mile warmup and cooled down by walking a mile. Total mileage running today: 4 miles.

---------------

Yesterday's Cross Training was the usual gym workout.

Delts, Thighs, Tris, and Abs. I stayed away from doing leg extensions and leg curls and stuck with the pure strength lifts. Squats of 135lbs - sets of 15, 12, 10. Leg press machine same thing with 2 45plates on each side. Last week, I couldn't do much with my triceps, because I worked them immediately after my delts. Since most shoulder work also uses your triceps, they were already taxed. This week, I separated the 2 groups by putting my leg routine in the middle. It worked out well in that my triceps weren't as fatigued and I was able to control the workout better and have a little more intensity.

Finished off with 20 minutes on a stationary bike. HR at 130 bpm for the entire session.

No comments: