Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Taking some advice (bruised toe)

I tried taking advice from a couple people. I was complaining at work about how sore my body is and someone tells me that the best thing is to go out and run. OK. Did that today.

I also showed my blisters to a different co-worker and he tells me to try using 2 socks instead of one. I told him that I got the bloody blister that way and that it wouldn't help. I told him that it made my shoes too tight because after running for awhile, my feet swell. That's normal when running. He then said to try loosing the laces when I feel like I'm at that point in my run. I tried that today and it helped. I didn't get any new blisters.

I do have a new problem, though. My second toe (long toe for me) was too cramped and instead of just getting a blister on top, I actually bruised my toe. The toenail is starting to turn a purple underneath...

bruised toe

The Workout
2.5 mile warmup with last mile in 6:21

4 x 440 trying to do 1:30s to be a 6 minute mile pace
- 1:26, 1:27, 1:27, 1:29 (Yay, successful)
2 x 100 high knee striders - 100 recovery
2 x 100 kick butt striders - 100 recovery

.5 mile cooldown

total mileage:: 4.5 miles

No comments: