Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back from being sick

I've had a cold for a few days this past week. I think it is was due to stress and not enough rest. I was supposed to do speedwork on Wednesday, but my nose and throat were too thrashed. I called for a pizza from work, went home and ate as soon as it hit the door, and passed out. I slept from 7:30pm till 8:30am the next morning. Why take 2 aspirin when you can take 2 slices of pie?

Well, my respiratory system is close to 100%. I went out on my regularly schedule long run tonight. The calendar says 7 miles @ 8:39 pace. I haven't run in a few days, heck, nearly a week. I felt great and I probobly could have done another 2-3 miles at the same pace.

Take into consideration a warmup and cooldown of 1/2 mile each, I actually got 8 miles logged.

My time was 54:50, which is exactly 7:50 pace. 49 Seconds per mile too fast. Oh well. I wasn't pushing myself hard, which is really weird, because I only managed to go 35 seconds per mile faster on my 5K race. You would think that I would be able to get under 7 minute pace on 3 miles with relative ease.

Next run is Tuesday. Tomorrow is rest or cross training.

Miles this week: 13

No comments: