Monday, March 17, 2008

weekend running

Saturday... don't have much to tell. I ran 6 miles with mile #3 clocked in at 6:59. I was trying to get a feel for my pace, so I timed one of them. I didn't think I was pushing myself too hard, but apparently I must have been. I probably kicked it up without even realizing just because I knew I was timing myself. The reason I even left the house was to get quarters for the laundry machine, so my last mile home was hampered by the annoying weight of a roll of quarters. All the running was done to Lake Eola, around it a few times, and then to the store and back home.

6 miles - 28 miles for the week

Sunday... warmed up with a mile and then hit the gym for some treadmill work. I intended on doing 8 miles at 7:30 pace, but I just didn't have the energy for it. I ended up doing 2 miles. The first mile in 9 minutes and the second at 7:30. I knew I would have to pick up the pace to 7:15 for the remainder or three 7:00 miles. I gave up mentally so I didn't even try. Running... the thinking man's sport. I just beat myself.

3 miles total

It's Monday night and I had class today (which I will be attending all week) and it just drained me. Work normally drains me, but that's a pattern that I am used to, so it doesn't have the same effect. I'm not running tonight, plus it's St. Patrick's Day and I'm drinking a beer and eating my corned beef and cabbage. Thanks Kim. You know I love the stuff.

No comments: