Monday, October 22, 2012

Long Run?

Considering my recent track record, my 5.5 miles was a long run this evening.  The weather is just becoming perfect for running and starting to become a little cool for swimming.

Someone I work with has been training for the Savannah Half which is in a couple weeks.  Since I am the experienced runner of our department, I have been giving her pointers and encouragement.  She was very excited to tell me that she ran 9 miles this weekend.

That was part of my push.  The other reason for me to run long tonight came out of a game of guess a number.  I asked my girlfriend to give me 2 numbers between 1 and 10.  I was going to combine the numbers and then add the digits and that would be my lucky number of miles.  She said 7 and 4.  That made 11, which added the digits to make 2.  That didn't seem like enough miles in my mind with the weather we're having.  I just went out and hit the road.  I had the middle mileage of 5.5 in my mind, but had no idea how close I was going to be when I finished.  My actual mileage was 5.57 according to gmap-pedometer.com.

I feel great now!  I feet are little sore, but not too bad.  Now, it's time to watch the presidential debates!

2 comments:

Johann said...

Nice run! I have a few juniors at work that are running races for the first time this year. They tap my brain all the time and I hope my advice is good. Keep it going!

The Green Girl said...

I know what you mean. I did a 5k last week, a 10k this week and I kinda sorta have a half marathon next week. So, it's like I'm building up mileage, right?