Friday, December 8, 2017

2017 Holiday Season Started and My Weight is a PR

I can't remember how many runs I've done this year.  Not too many either way.

I had a short run on a trip in October while in New York.  Maria Hernandez Park in Bushwick, Brooklyn.  It has a paved loop which is 1/3 mile.  It's cool because the markers are in the ground and made of brass.  They say 1 lap = 1/3 mile.  It was cool and I ran 6 laps, so 2 miles.  It wasn't very far, but exhilarating.

I have to admit that I got on the scale after Thanksgiving and I hit a new high.  I weighed 206 pounds.  I have never been this heavy in my life.  Another note on this, I went into the settings of the MapMyRun app on my phone and it had my weight set for 188 pounds, so that was 18 pounds ago.  I wish I knew when that was set.

That triggered me to start running this past weekend.  I ran Saturday and Sunday for 6 and 5 files respectively.  Last night, our company had its annual holiday party.  I ate, but made the committed effort of not drinking any alcoholic beverages, which was tough.  I do like to partake.  I waited a couple hours after eating and drove to Baldwin Park.  There, I ran 2 laps around the lake and put 5 miles in.

After I went home and showered, I put on an old pair of shorts that I haven't been able to button up for a few months.  That felt really gratifying.  I have a long way to go.  I can hardly believe that 3 decent runs this week did much in the way of losing any kind of weight, but it did something.

And here's to charging forward with this season's running.  I plan on putting in a few more miles tonight.

2 comments:

maria ozawa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Farheen said...

This is great information, I’ll keep this in mind when I am training. Thank you!