Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time to Get Serious

The emails have started spreading.  The people are talking.  Non-runners are showing up at Lake Eola.

It's time to get serious about the Corporate 5k which takes place late April in downtown Orlando.  I decided yesterday that Saturday is going to be the start of my regular training regimen.  I haven't picked out workouts yet, but I am committing to training 6 days a week.  This may be in the form of strength training as well.  I will try to run every day even if it just the warmup.  I didn't tell anyone of my intention, not even Kim, for fear of not living up to expectations.  I've been told by coaches, mentors, and peers that I have lots of potential.  Not just in running, but I have heard this about other endeavors as well.

Well, I'm happy to state that I have gotten off to a good start.  I ran one lap around Lake Ivanhoe this morning.  That logs 2.5 miles so far.  I took it easy.  10 minute pace.  It was a perfect cool morning of 58 degrees.

No comments: